Pages - Menu

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January DT project for J&S Hobbies and Crafts! - part 1

Hi all! This month, I created two different projects for J&S Hobbies and Crafts
We were given Designs by Shellie's new resin windows and doors to work with and were requested to use them in our project. I originally had thought to make a box shaped as a house with a mini album inside, but decided against it as I wasn't yet complete when some of the other designers started posting their projects and they were houses. I wanted to do something different that would show the versatility of the resin pieces....SO....

I decided it was time to decorate the cover of my art journal! The window and door pieces worked well with my use of the art journal as I use it to "create out" my stresses, emotions, etc. This is a journal I've never yet shared any of my creations in as - well, to me they are personal and the "window to my soul". What better way to decorate the cover then to use Shellie's doors and windows?!

Once I decided on my project, I watched some YT videos on this style of art - there are some great artists out there that can do wonders with paints and other mediums. I dove right in and actually surprised myself with how this came out and was VERY happy with it!

Here are some photos and as always a video.
Thanks for stopping by!!







No comments:

Post a Comment